Rogers, Bell to buy stake in MLSE
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment has scheduled a major news announcement for 9:30 on Friday morning.
It’s expected that MLSE will confirm that Canada’s two largest telecommunications companies – Rogers and Bell – have purchased a majority stake in the corporation, which owns the Maple Leafs, Marlies. Raptors and Toronto FC.
The deal is reportedly for an 80% share of MLSE, and is estimated to be worth $1.4 billion.
Update: Larry Tanenbaum’s increases his share in MLSE by five percent to 25%. Rogers and Bell hold an equal share of the remaining 75%.