A bright spot in last night’s Leafs loss to the Red Wings was Jason Blake’s output of two goals; hopefully a foreshadowing of the season to come.
Luke Schenn, Toronto’s first-round draft pick, is close to signing a three-year entry-level contract, according to The Globe And Mail.
In NHL regular-season action the Rangers defeated the Lightning while Jason Spezza’s turnover was the key play in the Senators overtime loss to the Penguins.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
Leafs NHL News
- Time to rev it up, boys Toronto Sun
- Bell’s salary an anchor for the Leafs Toronto Sun
- Leafs comeback falls short CP
- Leafs’ Blake gets back on track Toronto Star
- It worked for Red, can it work for White? Toronto Star
- Rebounding Joseph ‘twice as good’ Toronto Star
- Leafs close to signing Schenn The Globe And Mail
- Leafs Lose At Home To Grand Rapids FAN 590
- History and Fun In Newfoundland TorontoMarlies.com
NHL and Hockey News
- Sundin takes in the love Toronto Sun
- Sundin’s lip service National Post
- New Ranger does nice Jagr impression AP
- Opening-night giveaway Ottawa Sun
- Family matters Calgary Sun
- Tavares and Co. make quick work of Petes Toronto Sun
- Wild blank Habs CP