On Friday evening Leafs president and general manager Brian Burke went public for the first time since the passing of his son Brendan last week. A visibly-shaken Burke expressed his gratitude for the outpouring of support from teammates, media and fans in the wake of the tragedy.
On the ice, the Leafs were shutout 4-0 in St. Louis in their last game before the Olympic break. Ex-Leafs Alex Steen and Carlo Colaiacovo each had a point.
In AHL action, the Toronto Marlies lost 5-1 to Manitoba.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
Brendan Burke: 1988-2010
- Brian Burke: Feb. 12, 2010 MapleLeafs.com
- Brendan Burke honoured Toronto Sun
- Grieving Burke humbled by outpouring of support Toronto Star
- United States GM Burke thanks team for support CTVOlympics.ca
- Leafs start break too early Toronto Star
- Leafs switching gears Toronto Sun
- Leafs Replay Toronto Sun
- Maple Leafs enter break on a low National Post
- Blues clobber Maple Leafs The Globe And Mail
- Moose crush Marlies Toronto Sun
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: