Reaction towards Sunday’s blockbuster deals seem to be in favour of Leafs president and general manager Brian Burke. Despite the downfall in Dion Phaneuf’s play since he was an All-Star two years ago, there appears to be little doubt that he is the best player, in any of the trades, that changed sweaters on Sunday.
The Leafs first game with their new acquisitions is tomorrow night when they host New Jersey.
Hands up, both of you, who noticed that the new team to which prospect Keith Aulie will report – the Toronto Marlies – ended their four-game losing streak yesterday with a win over Lake Erie.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Maple Leafs get major overhaul Toronto Sun
- Risky move or stroke of genius? Toronto Sun
- Phaneuf is enough Toronto Sun
- Leafs didn’t give up much Toronto Sun
- He’s a lucky guy! Toronto Sun
- A flickering flame Toronto Sun
- It’s like ’92 all over again Toronto Sun
- The sudden impact of Brian Burke’s moves Toronto Star
- Dion Phaneuf: Man of big hits, few words Toronto Star
- Brian Burke’s big deal: ‘Vital building block’ Toronto Star
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere wants to be No. 1 Toronto Star
- Burke finally makes his mark on the Leafs National Post
- Leafs get Phaneuf, Giguere in day of dealing National Post
- Leafs acquire Phaneuf, Giguere The Globe And Mail
- Leafs low on forwards, cap space The Globe And Mail
- Burke trumps Sutter in Flames-Leafs deal The Globe And Mail
- Marlies Down Monsters TorontoMarlies.com
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: