Phil Kessel picked an opportune time to end his eight-game scoring drought, finding the net late in the third period to give the Leafs a 4-3 win over the Nashville Predators on Monday night at Sommet Center. The Leafs had built up a 3-0 lead over the first half of the game, only to watch it evaporatae as the Predators rallied to tie the score.
Each member of the Ponikarovsky-Stajan-Hagman line had a goal, while goallie Jonas Gustavsson made 27 saves.
The Leafs are in Atlanta this evening to take on Ilya Kovalchuk and the Thrashers (7pm ET, Leafs TV, AM 640).
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Kessel pulls one out of fire for Leafs Toronto Sun
- Phil Kessel comes to the rescue Toronto Star
- Kessel ends scoring drought as Maple Leafs win National Post
- Kessel spares Leafs blushes The Globe And Mail
- Toronto solves dynamic duo Toronto Sun
- Leafs Report Toronto Sun
- Stanley Cup lost and found Toronto Star
- Leafs still in need of drastic change FAN 590
- (Sunday) Marlies Rampaged in San Antonio TorontoMarlies.com
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: