Both the Leafs penalty-kill and power-play were abominable in last night’s 3-2 defeat to the Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena. After failing to connect on any of their first three power-play opportunities of the game, Toronto surrendered a trio of goals to the home team, all with a Buffalo man-advantage.
Sabres goalie Ryan Miller made 48 saves in the win as Buffalo’s winning streak over Toronto was extended to 10 games.
The Leafs suit up for their fourth game in 5 nights when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins this evening (7pm ET, CBC, AM 640).
In AHL action, the Marlies dropped a 5-1 decision to the Peoria Rivermen.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
Leafs Game Day
- Little hope in Leafs’ loss to Sabres Toronto Star
- ‘I have to work harder’: Kessel Toronto Sun
- Miller time as Buffalo goalie stops Leafs Toronto Star
- Second half of NHL season will be dandy Toronto Star
- Struggling Leafs lose 10th straight to Buffalo National Post
- Sabres’ Myers lances Leafs The Globe And Mail
- Rivermen Sink Marlies TorontoMarlies.com