One night after rallying at home to beat the Florida Panthers, the inconsistent Leafs displayed little effort in their 6-2 defeat suffered at the hands of the Philadelphia Flyers at Wachovia Center on Wednesday.
Daniel Briere scored twice for the home team, including his 500th NHL career point.
Nikolai Kulemin and Alexei Ponikarovsky were the Toronto goal scorers. Toronto practices at MasterCard Centre this morning before preparing to face the Sabres in Buffalo tomorrow night.
The Toronto Marlies lost 4-3 in overtime in Rockford last night.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Flyers rub it in Toronto Sun
- Salty Carcillo stings Leafs Toronto Star
- Flyers take advantage of error-prone Maple Leafs National Post
- Leafs fall in Philly The Globe And Mail
- Leafs Replay Toronto Sun
- Leafs Report Toronto Sun
- Leafs Give Flyers A Pass FAN 590
World Junior News
- Dowell scores in OT as IceHogs beat Marlies Toronto Star
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: