The Leafs 52-second fizzle in the second period in which they gave up a pair of goals sent the team on the way to its second consecutive Alberta loss as Toronto fell 3-1 to the Calgary Flames.
Mikhail Grabovski and Wayne Primeau both left the game with undisclosed injuries. Forward John Mitchell, who has missed the past 19 games with a knee injury, will be available for the Leafs next game on Tuesday against Florida.
At Ricoh Coliseum, the Marlies defeated Milwaukee 3-2 in a shootout.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
- Flames rally to beat lowly Leafs Toronto Sun
- Leafs back to old habits with 3-1 loss Toronto Star
- Foes actually trying now against Leafs Toronto Sun
- Leafs Replay Toronto Sun
- Leafs 0-for-Alberta Toronto Star
- Leafs surrender early lead to Flames Calgary Herald
- Flames shuffle beats Leafs The Globe And Mail
- Gregg Scott nets winner as Marlies sink Admirals Toronto Star
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: