The Maple Leafs had a lethargic outing their final game of 2009, losing 3-1 in Edmonton, ending the Oilers seven-game losing streak. Patrick O’Sullivan had a pair of goals as Pat Quinn earned his first coaching victory against his former team.
Team Canada’s Men’s Olympic hockey roster was unveiled as executive director Steve Yzerman aims to win a gold medal on home ice in Vancouver. Scott Niedermayer was named captain, with Chris Pronger, Sidney Crosby and Jarome Iginla as alternates.
The Toronto Marlies ended their losing skid with a 3-2 win over Peoria at Ricoh Coliseum.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
- Leafs missing the points Toronto Sun
- Stajan says Leafs need to be more consistent in 2010 Toronto Sun
- O’Sullivan leads Oilers past Leafs Toronto Star
- Leafs help struggling Oilers break out of slumps Edmonton Journal
- Oilers power-play sinks Leafs The Globe And Mail
Team Canada News
- New blood for Team Canada Sun Media
- Squad has great character: Babcock Sun Media
- Next job for Team Canada is making it work Toronto Star
- Burke lavishes praise on Stevie Y’s selections Toronto Star
- Pressure’s on for Olympic men’s hockey team National Post
- Babcock shows attention to detail in final picks CTVOlympics.ca
- Marlies Sink Rivermen 3-2 TorontoMarlies.com
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: