Ian White’s goal with 82 seconds remaining in regulation broke a third period deadlock, giving the Leafs a 4-3 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday night. The goal came less than a minute after the Penguins’ Mike Rupp scored the equalizer, at which point the game appeared headed to overtime.
Vesa Toskala made 21 saves in the win, in his first start since being pulled on Dec. 18 against Buffalo.
Toronto embarks on a Western road swing beginning on Wednesday when they take on the Edmonton Oilers.
At Ricoh Coliseum, the Marlies were crushed 7-0 by Lake Erie in AHL action.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
- Leafs’ hero dressed in White as Penguins upset Toronto Sun
- Blake has fond memories of Pittsburgh Toronto Sun
- Jason Blake leads the way for Maple Leafs Toronto Star
- Team Sweden turns to Monster Toronto Star
- White-hot Leafs beat Pens AP
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: