The Leafs were minutes away from ending their losing streak against the Buffalo Sabres, but defensive lapses in both the third period and overtime resulted in a 3-2 defeat for Toronto. Derek Roy scored the winner in the extra frame after being uncovered in front of the net, on what head coach Ron Wilson labelled as a “peewee” level mistake.
Viktor Stalberg had his second goal in 3 games since his recall from the Marlies last week. Ian White also scored for Toronto.
Sabres goalie Ryan Miller made 34 saves in the win. Buffalo has now defeated Toronto nine straight times.
The Leafs next game is Wednesday in Long Island, against the New York Islanders.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Miller continues to dominate Leafs Toronto Sun
- Leafs blunders costly Toronto Star
- Sabres, Miller still have Maple Leafs’ number National Post
- Miller time in Toronto again The Globe And Mail
- Leafs Replay Toronto Sun
- Stalberg is getting to Miller Toronto Sun
- Sabres play Scrooge with Leafs Toronto Star
- Leafs’ Stajan is staying neutral on head checks Toronto Star
- Scrawler: Standing O for ‘Grandpa’ Toronto Sun
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: