Despite falling behind 2-0 early to Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals, the Leafs rallied to tie the score, then scored three unanswered third period goals on the way to a 6-3 win at Air Canada Centre.
Matt Stajan had two goals and one assist. Vesa Toskala was sharp in goal and made several key timely saves, including a breakaway stop on Alexander Semin. The victory extends the Leafs home winning streak to three games, their longest streak at ACC in almost 2 years.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
- Stajan, Kessel find chemistry Toronto Sun
- Finger ‘glad to be back in’ Toronto Sun
- Thornton no throw-away line Toronto Sun
- Leafs sink league’s best Toronto Star
- Leafs’ Stajan taking centre stage Toronto Star
- Leafs erase early deficit in rout of Capitals National Post
- Ovechkin a man of few words after game slips away National Post
- Leafs make Capital gains The Globe And Mail
- Ovechkin silenced by Leafs The Globe And Mail
- Friday: Marlies Edge Wolves in Shootout TorontoMarlies.com
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: