The Leafs fought to within a goal of the Bruins on Thursday night, but a power-play goal by Mark Recchi provided the insurance as Boston trumped Toronto 5-2 at TD Garden.
Ron Wilson’s squad killed just 2-of-4 penalties as the PK efficiency plummeted to a league-worst 70.6%.
For the second time in 6 nights, former Bruin Phil Kessel was held off the scoresheet playing against his old teammates.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Maple Leafs fall behind early in loss to the Bruins National Post
- Leafs show some fight in loss Toronto Sun
- Kessel strikes out again in Boston Toronto Star
- Bruins keep Kessel quiet Toronto Sun
- Leafs replay Toronto Sun
- Kadri has eye on World Juniors Toronto Sun
- Maple Leafs-Bruins rivalry heating up Toronto Sun
- Bruins too strong for Leafs The Globe And Mail
- Ineffective Penalty Kill Dooms Leafs In Boston AM 640
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: