Niklas Hagman became the Leaf to reach double figures in goals this season, finding the net twice in Toronto’s 4-3 win over Tampa at St. Pete Time’s Forum on Wednesday night. Hagman’s two goals elevated his team-leading total to eleven, for the year.
Defencemen Francois Beauchemin and Carl Gunnarsson had strong outings for the Leafs, who head to Miami for Friday’s game against the Panthers.
At Ricoh Coliseum, the Marlies hosted their first school day of the year and did not disappoint the youngsters in the stands. Viktor Stalberg had a goal and an assist as the Marlies defeated the Lake Erie Monsters 4-1.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Leafs’ road to redemption after victory over Tampa? Toronto Star
- This Finn’s got flash Toronto Sun
- Highlight-reel Hagman helps carry Maple Leafs National Post
- Hagman doubles up in Leafs’ win The Globe And Mail
- Leafs can’t let up after win in Tampa AM 640
- Rookie going great Gunns Toronto Sun
- Gunnarsson steps into major role as Leafs win Toronto Star
- Sensitive subject Toronto Sun
- Stamkos sets sights on Olympic roster National Post
- Burke miffed at draft pick talk Toronto Sun
- DiManno: Lady Luck passes on the Leafs Toronto Star
- Burke lauded for support of gay son Toronto Star
- Tolerance in pro sport only inching ahead Toronto Sun
- Stalberg helps lift Marlies past Monsters Toronto Star
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: