Despite a club record-tying 61-shot performance on Monday night, the Leafs dropped a 4-3 overtime decision to the New York Islanders at Air Canada Centre. Phil Kessel scored once on his 12 shots, but was left speechless at Islanders goalie Dwayne Roloson’s performance.
Vesa Toskala pulled himself from the game after re-injuring his groin in the second period.
John Mitchell was also lost due to a knee injury.
In AHL news, Toronto Marlies’ forward Alex Foster was named the American Hockey League Player of the Week after collecting 5 goals and 1 assist in three games over the weekend.
Here are the hockey headlines in the news this morning:
- Robbed by masked man Toronto Sun
- Leafs shoot lights out, but still lose Toronto Star
- `Unbelievable,’ Kessel says after loss Toronto Star
- Maple Leafs dominate but still lose in overtime National Post
- Islanders show Leafs how it’s done The Globe And Mail
- Mitchell, Toskala hurt in OT loss Toronto Star
- Roloson Has Hurt The Leafs Before FAN 590
- Leafs Lose With 61 Shots. It’s Been That Kind Of Year in Toronto AM 640
- Leafs Replay Toronto Sun
- Leaf can Phil the role Toronto Sun
- Burke itching to trigger moves Toronto Sun
- Foster Wins Player of the Week TorontoMarlies.com
Follow TMLfans.ca on Twitter: